Friday, May 22, 2009

Shawn Kelly and BlenderNation

I couldn't believe what I saw on Shawn Kelly's blog just awhile back and I thought it might have been just a typo error or some mistake of some sort, but when I followed the link, it is indeed the true and active one. Yeah I know, this is going too dragging already. =)

Okay. To those of you who doesn't know Shawn Kelly, he is the co-founder of AnimationMentor, one of the very first online animation schools I have ever ever seen, and believe me, even though I haven't yet enrolled myself in their program, as far as I have read and heard, it is THE animation school for you. He is also the senior animator at ILM (Industrial Light and Magic). Transformers, Yoda, ring a bell?

And the link I was telling you of was BlenderNation's. BN is the central news site and repository of sorts of Blender (the world's leading open source 3D App).

So what's the fuss about it then? Yeah, what about it? Well, you might have probably noticed I was talking about ILM, which, as far as I'm concerned is a huge studio at par with Pixar, Dreamworks, etc. And with that in mind and Shawn Kelly being one of the Senior Animators there, you might probably have guessed already that the tools they most likely use are the proprietary and commercial tools out there. And I haven't thought Blender has somehow made its way into being recognized by one awesome guy there.

I would like to thank Shawn for linking over to BN, whatever reason he might have.

'Till next time. ^_^

No comments: