Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dreams

 (click image to enlarge)

"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right." ~Henry Ford


Here's my latest test with Cycles.  This time to play around with compositing.  I just love how Cycles handle GI and light bounce so well.  The model was a product of a modeling sprint done by me and my friend Floren Bautista, and the closest subject was the wooden persona on top of my desk. :)

Only the wooden persona is CG, the background photo is from Romain Guy and is used here under a Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.  You can find the original photo here http://www.flickr.com/photos/romainguy/6068294974/

Problems, challenges, and workarounds:

- Cycles viewport render doesn't match actual Cycles render (some objects appear pure black);
- so I had to manually save a screenshot of the viewport render, then use the actual render's alpha values to mask the viewport render output
- a little selection feathering and 1 pixel increase in GIMP, then delete unnecessary screenshot bg (to create a transparent bg)

Modeling, texturing, compositing, post-processing: Blender
Rendering: Cycles

And here's my node setup:

(click image to enlarge)

 (click image to enlarge)

No comments: