Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Visual Effects Test with Blender

During my past weeks of absence on the net, I have had a couple of adjustments to do, mostly physiological ones and some technical.  One of which is my workflow with Blender. While staying in Manila, I was so boosted up that I didn't notice time pass by and ideas emerge abruptly.

Basing primarily from my boss's idea and the storyboard I came up with, I tried to test my imagination's limits by pushing it further where I haven't tried before. This is for a preload advertisement for iMashups Web Technology Solutions.  All of which were done in Blender (for the animation sequence, models, and scene) and GIMP (for touchups).


Effects include fire, smoke, swirling trails, and gas fumes.  

Here's the initial VFX sequence:








Strips from the same sequence (click to enlarge):



And a screenshot of my scene setup (click to enlarge):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, amazing !!
*waiting pdf tutorial :)) please...

Starlight86 said...

wow...very cool effect.

The Siraniks said...

wow... this is great... nice vfx you've got for a simple experiment...